Monday, March 26, 2007

left 2 right

left 2 right
A disappointed salesman of Pepsi (cold drink) returns from his MiddleEast assignment.A friend asked, "Why weren't you successful with theArabs?"The salesman explained, "When I got posted in the Middle East,I was very confident that I will make a good sales pitch as Pepsi isvirtually unknown there. But, I had a problem I didn't know to speakArabic. So, I planned to convey the message through 3 posters...Firstposter, a man crawling through the hot desert sand... totally exhaustedand panting.Second, the man is drinking our Pepsi andThird, our manis now totally refreshed.Then these posters were pasted all over theplace""That should have worked," said the friend.The salesmanreplied, "Well, not only did I not speak Arabic, I also didn't realizethat Arabs read from right to left..."

No comments: